Hampden House, our dual registered home in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, seeks to recruit to the following roles:
Food Service Assistant – 25 hours per week
£9.07 per hour plus excellent terms and conditions.
Hampden House are looking for team members to join the Catering department. Ideally the following candidates will be required to undertake the following duties.
- Preparation and service of meals to residents
- Assist in the preparation of food as directed e.g vegetable preparation and sandwiches.
- Ensure sound knowledge of the food to be served together with the appropriate garnish
- Serve all food and beverages at the specified times and in the appropriate quantities
- To adhere to all Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and COSHH regulations.
- Set tables with condiments, cutlery and napkins etc ensuring that all items are presented in a clean and attractive manner.
- To maintain adequate supplies of tea and coffee.
- Listen to residents and report any complaints or requests raised by residents and advise Senior Care Staff/Nurses of any observations of resident difficulties in eating or refusal of meals.
- Ensure cleanliness of kitchens and equipment
- To clean and maintain kitchen appliances, surfaces and floors as per cleaning schedule.
- To observe the correct use and care of equipment reporting promptly any defects in machinery or materials
- To collect and wash dirty crockery and glassware after each serving
- Work as part of a team to provide excellent customer service
- Carry out instructions accurately, following work schedules laid down within specified time limits.
- Assist other team members where required or when instructed to.
- Attend all training as required by your manager.
Hampden House, is a dual registered Care Home in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, and offers a great work environment and development opportunities.
You may already be involved in catering or food service in a different setting, or this may be a new career choice; either way you will be given the opportunity to develop your skills to deliver the very best in food service in a professional environment where all of our menus are created daily on the premises with fresh quality ingredients for a very selective and appreciative clientele.
If you are passionate about providing a high quality service and wish to work in an attractive and well equipped environment, we would love to hear from you.
In return for your hard work we offer the following benefits:
• Pay of £9.07
• Shift premium pay for bank holidays – either time and a half or double time depending on the bank holiday
• Free parking on site
• Subsidised meals while on duty
• Occupational Sick pay upon commencement
• Development and continuous learning opportunities
• No late night shifts
Keywords: Food Service, Kitchen work.
Home: Hampden House, 120 Duchy Road, Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG1 2HE
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org