The Lodge (formerly known as Villa Rouge) is a beautiful Victorian villa, situated close to the heart of the cathedral city of Exeter. Originally built in 1888 for an illustrious local family it was purchased by Elizabeth Finn in 1956-7. After a couple of years of refurbishment it opened in 1959 as a home for eight “ladies of standing“, making us 50 years old in 2010.
The Lodge is newly refurbished to provide personal and nursing care in 46 high quality bedrooms rooms, each with its own front door, many overlooking the beautiful gardens. Several of these rooms are in the newly opened purpose-built Audrey Power Wing.
All rooms have en-suite facilities and are equipped with the latest nurse call system and a lift serves all floors.
The Lodge is registered with the Care Quality Commission and is fully compliant with all standards.